Thursday, December 11, 2008

Add Two Exhibitions to the List?

I just received word that The Global Economy has been accepted to an exhibition at ARC Gallery in Chicago, opening January 7 and running through the end of the month.

Also, piggy backing onto my last post, which briefly mentioned the curatorial process of work into group exhibitions, I received disappointing news that some recent paintings would not be included in an exhibition entitled Clamoring to Become Visible at the Brooklyn Arts Council in Brooklyn, NY (there is a Brooklyn, IA - however, I don't think they have an arts council). The juror and I had been corresponding about my work as she was winnowing the selections. Instead of the paintings, what might get included is my video, Platelet, into a first Thursday video screening.

Not a bad start to the New Year.

No comments: