Saturday, August 23, 2008

"Yes We Can" all make Obama T-Shirts


On August 18th I received an e-mail from Obama for America about a new T-shirt design campaign that they are having. Geez... Shepherd Fairy makes an unsolicited design for your campaign and you think every Tom, Dick and Harry wants to do the same? Well... you're right!

When I received the e-mail on Monday, the list of submissions was two pages deep. A page can hold 30 submissions, and I think there were a total of 37 between the two pages. Today, having learned Joe Biden is the VP, I think it is appropriate to submit today what I designed on Monday... even though the list of submissions is now 17 pages deep.

You can vote on it... if they accept it. There were a list of rules on the Obama site, and they have the right to reject submissions that are deemed offensive. It's all a matter of perspective. When Joe Biden said what he said* - back in, what was it, January or February of 2007?!?! - my only thought was, "exactly! Obama is articulate and bright." Such perspective all stems from a specific speech a certain skinny kid with a funny name gave at the Democratic National Convention in 2004.

As for the t-shirt designs... on the website there are lots of great t-shirts that have been eloquently designed. Frankly, I am hoping to vote at least twice - once for my design and once for a design that is really good. Since Obama is from Chicago, I am hoping that the voting is done Chicago-style: vote early, vote often.


*"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American, who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy – I mean it's... That's a storybook, man!" - Joe Biden

No comments: