Monday, July 16, 2007

Notes and Blurbs

- The Wall Street Journal reported over the weekend that the blog has turned 10. I had no idea it was so old.

- Wierd's July issue indicates the people are less informed about current events and news now then they were nearly 20 years ago. People who watch The Daily Show are better informed than people who watch Fox News by a margin of 12-15%. Reading major newspapers is more informative than watching the nightly news, CNN, or (surprise-surprise) reading blogs. Listening to NPR followed The Daily Show by one percentage point.

- My wife and I are going on our third year of marriage and our fourth year without a television. Both have been wonderful. The other day in class a student didn't believe me when I made mention I hadn't owned a television since 2003. Ever seen the end of the movie Cable Guy? Reading and Radio are wonderful wonderful things.

No comments: